Hope everyone is in wonderful spirits. I have to give a super special shout out to my Friend, Big Sister in Christ & Sorority Sister Pat Smith for hosting a fabulous “Treasure You“ Girlfriend’s Retreat #TYGR. I enjoyed bonding with old friends and making new friends. I encourage all women to attend this fabulous Spiritual Retreat next year; you will experience restoration, pampering, love, fellowship and so much more!! Pat is the Founder/CEO or Treasure You and the President of Pat & Emmitt Smith Charities. For more information please visit www.TreasureYou.org
While attending Treasure You, I met the wonderful Cheryl “Action” Jackson, we had so many similar stories; we couldn’t even believe it! I was telling her about how I wanted to go to Oprah’s Life Class in Houston and how I met Oprah years ago, I mentioned Oprah’s security’s name and I said it was 8 years ago when he got me this picture with Oprah, she then runs over to her phone and shows me a text from him and says is this who you are talking about, I was like yes!!
Cheryl then says I am going to add you to my list; you are going to Oprah’s Life Class next week! I was like OMG Yay!! FAVOR!!!
Oprah also follows Cheryl on twitter, she is a dynamic Woman of God. Cheryl runs Minnie’s Food Pantry in Plano Texas, check out the website and support a family for the holidays www.minniesfoodpantry.org
While attending Oprah’s Life Class, Pastor Rick Warren was her guest. It was on fire!!
Some of the take-aways I got were:
- If you live for the approval of others, you will die by their rejection- Rick Warren
- Live for ONE Audience- Rick Warren
- People need intimacy & fear vulnerability, choose to move against your fear- Rick Warren
- Successful people are miserable when they are living for themselves, until you learn to give away your life you will never know what it is like to live
- Oprah said she has met a lot of famous people and wealthy people (people trying to hold on to and maintain what they have) but very few powerful people, because you are not powerful until you give yourself away.
- Jesus didn’t come to give us a religion; He came to give us a relationship.
The Oprah’s Life Class taping I went to airs January 2013. Be sure to tune in, it’s more than worth it! I know this update was kind of long, but I would have been remised had I not shared it. Love you all so much!